Saturday, May 4, 2013

On Loneliness

During the week, I'm home alone while my dad and brother are at work. I do school, I write, I procrastinate writing on Facebook and Pinterest, I look forward to when they come home so I have someone to talk to. And I never enjoyed busy days when I wasn't at home and couldn't even think about writing, but I started enjoying Thursdays, even though it involved being out of the house from 9 to 6 for homeschool classes at church. Of course, I'm also looking forward to the last day so I can get a break from these busy days, but a tiny part of me enjoys them because I'm around people all day instead of being home alone. 

I look forward to Saturdays now. They used to be just another day, but now it's a day when my dad and my brother are home and I have people to talk to. Of course, when they're busy on Saturdays doing whatever they need to do, it gets a little disappointing. But, I think, out of this loneliness came two new characters for my new book that I just started writing. Their names are Cas Marinus and Rosemary Neaveh (ni-VAY-a). They're both orphans and they're both lonely. Neither of them have any good friends (luckily I'm not like them and I have some really awesome friends.) Cas has a few friends but no one that's available to talk to when he needs it. Rosemary has her adopted family, and she loves them, but she's looking for something more.

It's kind of funny, though. I started writing this book, Archi Pelago, last Sunday, and now whenever I open up the document and work on it, I don't feel lonely anymore. It's therapy, I suppose. The thing is, these characters both believe in God. They're both born again Christians. They can't get it in their stupid heads that they're never truly alone. I have the same problem. I always have someone to talk to: God. So I guess I really shouldn't feel lonely.

Oh, and I think I just called myself a stupid head. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment