Sunday, May 5, 2013

What a Great Morning

I had such a great morning I thought I'd write a blog post about it. Church was absolutely amazing. I love going to church and coming back and just thinking, "wow, that was a great way to spend my Sunday morning." That's basically every Sunday for me, but even more so when I actually drag myself out of bed to go to the high school service. I should do that more often. I never regret it. Anyway, another reason why I had such a great morning was because I heard some things I needed to hear.

It's been tough ever since January blew in on a harsh gust of a winter wind. It wasn't a "happy New Year." But you know what? It's okay. There are times when, hands down, it is NOT okay, and especially over the past two weeks, and if you saw yesterday's blog post, there's that too. But it's okay. I may have my things to deal with right now, but God is here for me, and He's always there when I need someone to go. This is His plan for my life and He is in control, and that's pretty amazing. 

I may not get it right now, but someday I will, but that doesn't matter. Out of these things I'm going through, I've realized that there's more to life than just winging it. I'm not going to get anywhere without God's help. There's a great deal of comfort that comes from just letting go of all of my worries and stepping back and saying, "God, you can deal with this. I don't know what the right decision is." 

Matthew 6:34 says "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." 

Another thing is that I worry. I worry a lot. About everything. Especially the future. That's really unnecessary.  I don't need to worry about anything. If I just leave all of my worries for God, He takes care of them for me. Sometimes I forget this, but other times I remember just letting Him deal with the things I would otherwise be worried about. God does take care of these things, and I even stop worrying about them and thinking about them and then afterward look back and realize that they were taken care of for me, and then I have the ability to thank God for doing that for me.

I think it's a beautiful thing to look back and thank God for all He's done for me.

1 comment: