Thursday, August 22, 2013

New Projects

Wow, I'm actually writing up another blog post. Usually there's a gap between blog posts that can go anywhere from a few months to a few weeks, but here I am with a new blog post a day after posting the last one.
Woohoo!

Anyway, besides taking on another novel in the near future, I have two other creative projects that I'm going to work on. The first is called The Sketchbook Project. That's a link to the website to find information in better words, but to put it simply, you get a sketchbook from them, fill it up, and send it back and not only will it be a permanent edition to The Brooklyn Art Library, but it will also go on a three city tour of the United States. I'm not a very artistic person when it comes to drawing (unless stick people and Christmas trees count) but I'm going to try my hand at it. It'll be interesting.

The next project is something I thought about on my way to homeschool classes this morning. This week was "technically" the first day of school (even though I'm not starting "officially" until September 3rd because that's when my mom always had me start), so I had this brilliant idea of keeping a log of every school day. But it'll be in the form of  mywritingbuddiesecnouragedthisandthoughtitwasbrilliantAprisonloGmydadgavemepermissionandsaiditwasn'tabadidea. Not that school is like that. I actually really do enjoy school. Except for algebra. Geometry isn't too bad, but probably because I'm doing it wrong. Science isn't so bad. Go marine biology! It's just that the thought seemed kind of funny. So it's really not that brilliant. BUT it'll be a fun way of keeping track of everything that happens between now and May 2014. After all, it is Senior Year, so I might as well have fun and have something to do that doesn't involve stressing out about graduating and SATs and ACTs and blah blah blah.

So, I'll be starting a new blog for that project and you can expect it to be rather...interesting in a boring kind of way. I'm sure there aren't very many people who actually want to read about my boring school days, but I'm going to do it anyway because it'll be fun. For me. It'll probably end up being very sarcastic with a lot of references to my favorite TV shows and movies and books, or maybe it'll just end up being a few paragraphs about how my school subjects went and what I had for lunch. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment